Data Protection Declaration
I. General Data Protection
Section 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) The following contains information on the collecting of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is relatable to you personally, for example your name, postal address, e-mail address, and user behaviour.
(2) The controller as defined by Article 4 no. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is Friedrich PICARD GmbH & Co. KG, Dietrich-Benking-Str. 78, 44805 Bochum; email: firstname.lastname@example.org, represented by Friedrich Picard Verwaltung GmbH, Dietrich-Benking-Straße 78, 44805 Bochum, email: email@example.com, which is represented by its managing director Jan Kruse, who has sole powers of representation, Dietrich-Benking-Straße 78, 44805 Bochum, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (see our Legal Notice as well).
(3) Whenever you contact us via e-mail or a contract form, the data provided by you (your e-mail address and perhaps your name and telephone number) is saved by us in order to respond to your questions. Such data is then deleted by us once the storage of it is no longer needed. But if the law requires us to store the data, any further processing of it is being restricted by us.
(4) In case we engage outside service providers to perform certain individual functions, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you of such occurrences in detail as set out below. In these cases, we will also state the criteria for determining how long the data is being stored.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) With respect to your personal data, you have the following rights enforceable against us:
- right of access to information,
- right of rectification and erasure,
- right to the restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing, and
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When you visit our website purely for informational purposes, i.e. when you do not register yourself or do not transmit any other information to us, the only data collected by us is the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. When you view our website, the data collected by us is that which is technically needed to display our website to you and to warrant the stability and the security of the website (legal legitimation for this is found in Article 6(1)(f) Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which means the following data:
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the demand (concrete page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- volume of data transferred each time
- website from which the demand comes
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are being stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are text files that are stored on your hard disc drive by the browser used by you and through which certain information is transmitted to the party that set the cookie (in this case us). Cookies can neither execute programmes nor transport viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make Internet services more user friendly and more effective on the whole.
a) The types of cookies used by this website and the extent to which they are used and the way they function are as follows:
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. Session cookies in particular belong to this category of cookie. Session cookies save the so-called session ID, which allows the allocation of the various requests of your browser to a common session. Through this, your computer will be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a prescribed length of time, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can adjust the settings of your browser to suit your wishes, for example to reject third-party cookies or to reject all cookies. But if you do this, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
Section 4 Other functions and services provided by our website
(1) In addition to using our website for informational purposes only, you may also wish to use the various online services provided by us on it. The use of these generally requires the provision of additional personal data from you. This data is used by us when providing the online services and is governed by the aforementioned data processing principles.
(2) We sometimes engage outside service providers to process your data. These have been carefully chosen and commissioned by us. They are bound by our instructions and are monitored on a regular basis.
(3) We are also entitled to pass on your personal data to third parties in the case of sale promotions, contests, concluding of contracts, or similar services that are provided by us jointly with other partners. You will obtain more detailed information on this when you enter your personal data or below in the description of the service.
(4) If the registered office of a service provider or a partner of ours is located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the effects of this in the description of the service.
Section 5 Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) Any consent given by you to the processing of your data is revocable by you at any time. Such a revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data once you have declared the revocation to us.
(2) As long as the processing of your personal data is a discretionary matter, you may lodge an objection to it. Such is the case particularly when the processing of the data is not needed for fulfilling a contract with you, which is presented by us in each of the following descriptions of the functions. When exercising such a right of objection, we kindly ask you to state the reason/s why your personal data should not be processed in the manner chosen by us. In the case of a justified objection, we will review the facts and circumstances and will either cease or alter the processing of the data, or will explain to you why we are obligated to continue the processing and the interests that are being protected by such continued processing.
(3) You may of course object at any time to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes or for data-analysis purposes. Your objection to data processing for advertising purposes can be sent to Friedrich PICARD GmbH & Co. KG, Dietrich-Benking-Str. 78, 44805 Bochum; e-mail: email@example.com.
II. Use of Special Services
Section 6 Use of our online shop
(1) When you order something through our online shop, the concluding of the contract may necessitate that you provide us with your personal data, if we need it for processing your order. The mandatory information required for concluding contracts is separately marked, all other information is voluntary. The data provided by you is processed by us for completing your order. We are entitled to transmit your payment data to our house bank. The legal legitimation for this is found in Article 6(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
You can create a customer account through which we can store your data for future purchases. When an account is created, the data provided by you is being stored by us but can be revoked by you. All other data, including your user account, can always be deleted by you. Your wish to have your user account deleted can be sent to Friedrich PICARD GmbH & Co. KG, Dietrich-Benking-Str. 78, 44805 Bochum; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data provided by you may also be processed by us for the purposes of informing you about other interesting products in our product range or for sending you e-mails containing technical information.
(2) We are obligated under commercial law and under tax law to store your address, payment data, and order-related data for a period of ten years.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorised third parties from accessing your personal data, the ordering process is encrypted using SSL or TLS security technologies.
III. Web Analytics
Section 7 Use of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address transmitted by Google Analytics from your browser is not being combined with other data of Google.
(3) You can prevent the storing of the cookies through a special setting in your browser software. But if you do this, you may not be able to fully use all the functions of this website. By downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de, you can also prevent the reporting to Google of the data generated through the cookie regarding your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the supplement ‘_anonymizeIp()’. Through this, IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated forms, which means that no identification of a specific person can be made. If it does become possible to make an identification on the basis of the data collected on you, this will be immediately excluded and the personal data therefore promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to regularly improve it. The statistics generated enable us to improve the services offered and to make these more interesting for you as a user. In those exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has committed itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal legitimation for using Google Analytics is found in Article 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
(6) Information of the third-party service provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html; overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html; and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for analysing cross-device user flows, which is performed using a user ID. You can block the cross-device analysis of your use by deactivating it in ‘Personal Data’ in ‘My Data’.
IV. Social Media
Section 8 Incorporation of YouTube videos
(1) We have incorporated YouTube videos in our online services. These are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be directly viewed via our website. These are all incorporated in ‘extended data protection mode’, which means that no data about you as a user is being transferred to YouTube when you are not viewing the videos. It is only when you view the videos that the data referred to in subsection 2 is being transferred. We have no control over this data transfer.
(2) When visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the relevant subpage of our website. The data referred to in Section 3 of this Declaration is also being transferred. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data is directly allocated to your account. If you do no want this connection to be made to your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses it for advertising purposes, market research, and/or for structuring its website in conformity with use. Such analyses are made particularly (even for users that are not logged in) for providing need-based advertising and for informing other social network users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of this user profile, but the right must be exercised against YouTube.
(3) Additional information on the reasons for and the extent of the collecting of data and the processing of it by YouTube is found in the Data Protection Declaration. It also contains additional information on your rights and on the settings for protecting your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
VI. Live Chat Function (Appworkx)
(2) The legal basis for processing personal data in conjunction with the live chat function is our legitimate interest in optimising and commercially operating our online platform within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR and, if in existence, your consent pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) GDPR.
Version: 4th January 2021.